Circles, Cycles & Rhythms – Damien Boisbouvier
Two days of flow juggling & object manipulation with Damien Boisbouvier
Kúklos is Cycle. Kúklos is Circle. Kúklos is any circular movement; or object, such as a wheel, a ring, a sphere, a globe. It is also a marketplace, a crowd of people.
Rhuthmós is Rhythm. Rhuthmós comes from Flow. Rhuthmós is any measured movement; repeating, regular motion, such as a vibration. It is proportion, it is symmetry, it is arrangement, it is order. It is also state, condition; form, shape; fashion, manner.
By using those two focal points as guiding principles, this workshop aims to explore and to discover together some ways to better encompass them within our own practice of juggling & object manipulation.
Given those circumstances, we will intent to have an “orb-weaver » spiral approach into a mazing web, so that everyone make its own silk path at its own pace.
We would then progress eccentrically (of course), and sweep at 360° through parts of several radiant threads:
– From Body to Objects: First Referentials
– Manipulations: Swinging & Contacts
– Trochoïdal Motions: Cycles of circles
– Orbital Throws: Senses of Rotation
– Weaving Arms: Mills & Messes
– Actions Qualities: Flow & Form
– Juggling Patterns: States & Transitions
– Composing Rhythms: Periods & Agitations Levels
– From Plane to Space: Revolutions
– From Self to Swarm: Interactions
– SiteSwap & SpiNote Notation System (S3N2)
Minimum entry level : 3 objects cascade. Even if my own practice is mostly turned towards clubs; balls, rings, hoops and all objects having at least one rotational symmetry are strongly welcomed.
Times: Saturday and Sunday: 09.30h-18.00h (30 min warm-up & breaks included)
Price: Early bird: 60€ – Regular price: 75€
Early bird price – until 1 month before the workshop
For registration please visit https://katapult.berlin/workshops/cycles-rhythms-flow-juggling-object-manipulations-damien-boisbouvier/