With Zirkus ON BUZZ created its own program for contemporary circus. In addition, there is a wide-ranging structure for cultural funding in Germany. We see contemporary circus as an equal division within the performing arts, which is also worthy of funding and has access to existing funding programs.
Where can I search for funding opportunities?
- Each city has its own project funding programs. These should always be your first point of contact. Please check with your respective city!
E.g. Berlin: https://www.berlin.de/sen/kultur/foerderung/foerderprogramme/
- The Landesverbände Freie Darstellende Künste (regional sssociations of free performing arts) are also qualified contacts, who are familiar with county-specific programs.
- Kulturförderpunkt Berlin
A great source of information! On their list, you can find Berlin-specific programs (e.g. from the districts), but also national, European and private (e.g. foundations) funding programs. The Kulturförderpunkt also offers consultation to discuss your application.
In addition, here are some tips on how to apply and what to pay attention to: https://www.kulturfoerderpunkt-berlin.de/tipps-tricks/
- Touring Artists
Database with funding opportunities for international mobility (e.g. funding of guest performances abroad)
- Fund Finder IETM
Schwerpunkt europäische Kulturförderung
Focus on cultural education
- Bundesverband Deutscher Stiftungen
- Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie
Federal, State and EU funding programs. In the search box, you can choose "Culture, Media and Sport".
- On the move
Download manuals with funding information sorted by country.
- Creative Europe Desk Culture
Focus on EU funding
The wonderful training centre and residency space Katapult (Berlin) has listed some programs that fund residencies
- Bundesverband freie Darstellende Künste
Background information, studies and events on the funding structure in Germany
Is there anything missing? We are grateful for any additional suggestions via email@example.com !