Deadline: ongoing basis (September 1st for projects beginning in the first half of 2021)
With our call for proposals, we wish to reach parties using artistic and cultural means to create open spaces enabling critical discourse about Europe’s future, and also support exchange and networking across borders.
We are convinced that open societies depend on committed people who have the courage to confront controversy and think for themselves, and whose heads are full of ideas for a more just coexistence. We want to create open spaces for our project partners to discuss burning issues forward and experiment with new technologies. We want to develop sustainable structures, create a lasting network of stakeholders in civil society, and give them the wherewithal to react to crisis situations with resilience. Digital technologies play an important role here, but do not ensure solidarity in and of themselves. We believe that Europe’s societies must be irritated and challenged, especially during these exceptional times, in order to remain open and develop further.
Projects are funded that
- have a high level of artistic and content quality
- respond to challenges in society
- adopt a translocal and cross-border approach
- make Europe tangible through critical engagement and by means of constructive offerings and ideas
- develop a concrete impact over the medium and long term and promote social cohesion within society
- work across sectors and disciplines and facilitate sustainable networking between involved players and organisations
- contribute to proactive knowledge production and transdisciplinary exchange of experiences
- think in terms of intersectionality, inclusion and equitable participation and are committed to playing a proactive role in developing this mindset
- are joint ventures between equal partners and empower upcoming young-generation protagonists and non-established players in their field
- strike out on pathways with courageous ideas and innovative formats
What else is important?
- The grant amount requested should be between 40,000 and 80,000 Euros.
- the grant amount requested may not exceed 50% of a project’s total costs
- Applications may be submitted in German or English
- Successful applications will be announced in December 2020